Friday, September 25, 2015

October Horrorthon!

In preparation of my Horrorthon (where I will watch 31 horror/thriller movies, 1 movie per day and then post that same day my "review" on said movie.) I pulled out ALL my horror/thriller movies to make sure I had enough. Turns out I do. Now that being said, I have more then 31. So that begs the question...what will make the cut and what won't? I thought I would leave it up to anyone out there who reads this blog. I do have two rules though.

Rule 1: In this Horrorthon, I have to watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show and The Shining. It's a given with me.

Rule 2: I have most of the movies on DVD but some are VHS. I'd rather watch the DVDs but if someone REALLY wants me to watch one of these movies that's on VHS I will.

Otherwise I don't care. I'll watch whatever people pick for me. It's up to you to pick what I watch and if you want to, pick what day I watch it. I do want to kick it off with Rocky Horror though.

So here's the list of horror/thriller movies I have (and if one of them doesn't fit the "horror/thriller" bill enough, tell me. Also if it doesn't have a date next to it, assume it's the original movie.):

Christine
The Evil Dead
House of 1000 Corpses
Shaun of the Dead
Ghostbusters 1
Ghostbusters 2
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Silent Hill
Death Proof
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (DVD and VHS)
Army of Darkness
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Extinction
The Postman Always Rings Twice
The Blair Witch Project
BloodRayne
I am Legend
Planet Terror
Zombieland
28 Weeks Later
Night of the Living Dead (1990 remake)
Night of the Living Dead (Original VHS)
Dawn of the Dead (2004 remake)
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Day of the Dead (2008 remake)
Land of the Dead
Friday the 13th (2009 reboot)
Freddy vs Jason (VHS)
Rosemary's Baby
Carrie
The Shining
Misery
Psycho
Halloween (2007 remake)
Halloween H20
Halloween II
Halloween 4 (VHS)
Nightmare on Elm Street
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 (VHS)
The Wicker Man
The Skeleton Key
Dracula (1992)
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3 (DVD and VHS)
Alien Resurrection
Demon Knight (VHS)
House on Haunted Hill (VHS)
An American Werewolf in London (VHS)
Amityville A New Generation (VHS, having never seen the Amityville movies, I'd rather not watch this yet)

Now in case something happens, such as a VHS/DVD doesn't work no matter what I try, I will pull a movie from the unchosen pile and watch that instead. I don't have high hopes for the VHS's, I've never watched them before...I just bought them at a thrift store a few months ago and forgot about them till now lol. Or if I get sick (which happens a lot with me) and I miss a day, I'll still review the movie I was supposed to, I'll just have it ready the next day, along with the other movie I was supposed to review that day.

So I leave it up to you. In the likely case that NO ONE comments (because this is still a new blog), I will be posting this list on reddit to ask for people there to vote.

Anyways tomorrow I plan on popping on some snack reviews along with some photos of said snacks. Look forward to that.

2 comments:

  1. Is this the old or the new House on Haunted Hill (VHS)? The new one - I think 1999 - is a fair to middling haunted house flic. I'm afraid I haven't watched most of the rest.

    <3 The Great Unknown <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old...going off of the art on the VHS cover lol.

      Delete